A downloadable Template
Blunder is the Unreal Engine style template for Blender 2.8
! - This template is in active development, please report bugs - !
Wayward Painter Tab - Inspired by Michael McCann of Wayward Art Company I built a template cube to test real time texture painting using roughness, metallic, emissive, and transparency maps that can be exported for use in Unreal
Texture Lerp Node - Unreal users know and love the lerp, Lateasusual and AnubisMaster figured out a node setup to plug in textures and keyframe them, meaning, 4 built in backgrounds that you can switch between by pressing Spacebar and letting the animation play, contains modded HDRIHaven blue sky image, modded space background from Pexels, as well as a light and dark World Grid material, or delete them and replace them with your own in the Material Designer Tab > World Shader
File Manager Tab - displays every info panel Blender has in one spot, looking for orphaned data, Blender version, full list of textures, materials, objects, etc? It's the one stop shop
- Ctrl click now duplicates objects and nodes, to resolve the conflict with Selection, you can now use Shift-LeftClick to Add to Selection and Shift-Ctrl-LeftClick to Remove from Selection
- Created RGBA Image node group, just a texture and rgb splitter with a more familiar packaging, helpful if you're regularly going to be working with RGB masks
And a special surprise, coming soon!
- Traditional Right-Click context menus mapped to Shift-Right Click
-Alt-Left Click now Rotates the view (make sure to center your selected object with the F key), Alt-Right Click now Pans the view - Thanks to u/deathclonic!
- Removed many conflicting keymaps across Object and Edit modes, opting for a more scorched earth method with keymappings, leaving the originals left too many conflicts, some that would only become apparent in very specific situations - Thanks to u/RealityRig!
- Scale has been adjusted for import and export, 1:1, no special scaling needed, however, Blender units are now quite small, so meshes can appear almost invisible when added to the scene, this will be addressed in a future update - Thanks to u/falola!
- Blender's Node Editor now behaves more like UE4, Right Click and drag will move the screen, select nodes and press C to wrap them in a frame (similar to Unreal comment boxes)
- Unreal Mannequin now has its original textures, normal maps and materials set up in EEVEE renderer
- Startup.blend now has all linked files packed in automatically, this should solve the pink sky issue (I hope...), as well as any file relinking issues with the UE4 Mannequin textures, but the file is now 130MB!
Many thanks to everyone who downloaded and tested the template, all your feedback and input is very much appreciated!
- UE4 color scheme and window layout
- Left Click Select, Right Click Navigation (Hold Right Click, move with WASD) with Box Select, Add to Selection and Remove from Selection mapped to the same controls as in UE4 (Click and Drag, Shift-Click, Ctrl-Click)
- 3rd Person Template project from UE4 recreated in Blender w HDR lighting (from HDRIHaven.com) and LookDev view mode using EEVEE renderer lets you see exactly how assets will appear in UE4 https://hdrihaven.com/hdri/?c=partly%20cloudy&h=approaching_storm
- Blender unit scale set to match UE4 (0.01), and UE4 mannequin is in startup scene to help with scale reference for design
- Widget based object manipulation: after selecting an object use the transform widgets to move, rotate and scale your objects with the mouse
- Widget controls mapped to match UE4: W - Move Tool, E - Rotate Tool, R - Scale Tool
- Other helpful shortcuts like: A - Select/Deselect All, F - Focus view on selected object
Future Updates planned:
- Add Common Items panel to the left side of the Viewport to have one click access to add Basic Mesh, Camera, Light, Reflection Capture etc, as in UE4
- Add macros to assist with tasks I most commonly use Blender for: optimizing meshes, UV mapping/remapping, modelling basic props and items, new FBX exporter, glTF exporter
- Anything else that you might want in this kind of Template! Let me know:
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Blunder v0.362 days ago